Sunday, November 6, 2011

Its Sunday, again? Really?

Hello All,

Yes, Sunday again.  I find myself in the unusual position of trying to figure out how to entertain myself today.  For the past month and a half I have been SCUBA diving every Sunday.  That would leave me scrambling Saturday morning before work to get all my Sunday stuff done and return Sunday night to unpack and do some laundry.  Today, not so much the case.  I passed on diving today because my (4) day dive trip starts tomorrow.  Today is my prep day.

Well, now the challenge is how to fill blog space for this entry. 

I talk with Jodi every day via Yahoo IM and she is doing well.  Thanks to all of you who look in on her occasionally either through a phone call or an invitation for dinner.  Chase and Sarah are also doing well and in the throws of school.  Sarah visited Chase a couple of weeks ago and they both had the time of their lives.  Jodi, on the other hand, not so much.  Turns out that taking care of two kids really is about double the effort.  But, because of her, they both had a memorable time.  Thanks, Honey!

What else, what else? 

I have taken a liking to hot sauce over the last 6 mos or so.  I order online from Hotsauce World and they carry hundreds of kinds of hot sauce.  This is stuff you don't see in the stores, even the high end grocery stores.  I have reordered "Virginia Gentleman" hotsauce made with real bourbon and just cracked open a bottle of "Blair's Original Death" hot sauce.  I am slowly begining to appreciate hot sauces that most people would consider "really friggin' hot".  I am not ready to try some of the hottest sauces available which are made with Bhut Jolokia chili peppers or "ghost peppers".  These little babies are 400x hotter then Tabasco sauce. 

The current "world's hottest" is the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T, officially tested at 1,463,700 SHU.  SHU or Scoville rating measure how hot peppers are.  By comparison, Frank's Original hot sauce checks in a 450 SHU and Tabasco is around 3000. 

You might ask yourself, why put something so hot on food?  A good hot sauce adds flavor, the heat is a by product.  Of course, the key is moderation.  Some of these sauces are applied by the drop. 

Jodi's Dad, Jerry, has a blog also.  It is not a "this is what I am up to" blog like mine.  His blog is a little more poignent then mine is and I admire his dedication to the research he does for his daily posts.  He has found a lot of interesting clips on the "Occupy Wall Street" bunch.  Some posts are funny but all of them are thought provoking.  The clips are entertaining and found at http://blogfromonhigh.blogspot.com/

I look forward to reporting back to you next week after my trip.  I hope to have a few pics worth posting.  It is also Veterans' Day this upcoming week.  Everyone knows someone who served.  It is because of them that we have the freedom to choose our religion, to speak out against our government, to vote, and to read this blog.  Please thank them for their contribution.

It is also the Marine Corps 236th birthday on 10 Nov.  If you know a current or former US Marine, tell them "happy birthday".  They will know exactly what you mean.

Until next week,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment