Friday, December 7, 2012

1 trip down, 2 to go.

Hello All,

Returned from my trip to Muscat, Oman, a couple of days ago and now packing for a week long conference in Abu Dhabi, UAE.

Muscat was great.  It was THE cleanest city I have every visited.  The place really sparkled...and I don't use the world "sparkled" often.  It was a very modern looking city and seemed pretty moderate.  It was very different then other cities I have visited in the Middle East.  It is actually some place I would consider going to for a vacation.

Tomorrow, I am off to Abu Dhabi.  I have never been there so I am interested to see what it is all about.    It too is suppose to be very nice.  I will update you when I get back.

Once I return from UAE, I will be in Bahrain for a few days and then flying across the pond to send a couple of weeks back in NC.  I am really looking forward to being home for Christmas!  I know Jodi has a "honey do" list waiting for me but I am not one to sit on a lounge chair reading so that is fine.  She has worked long and hard decorating and I can't wait to see the place.  The kids will have a great Christmas.  We were all apart last year as I was in Djibouti.

That is about it from here.   Today marks the day that the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor...71 years ago.  Pls take a moment to remember the Americans that were killed that day during an unprovoked attack in HI at 12:55 EST.

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment