Saturday, January 12, 2013

Happy New Year!

Hello All,

After a very busy December, I am back in Bahrain.

After my trip to UAE, I (re) packed my bags and headed by to the US for a Christmas break.  Jodi did a   FANTASTIC job decorating the house.  It was like a winter wonderland (minus the snow).

There were a few things that need to be taken care of around the house but I actually got a lot of rest and relaxation on my R&R trip.  The weather was a little spotty with a few days of low(er) temps and rain.  There were a couple of things I could have done outside if the weather was a little better but I am sure they will be waiting for me when I get back, lol.

Sarah was in town for my first week back home and celebrated Christmas with us.  Even though she is Jewish, she is down with any holiday that involves gifts!  She and Chase had a great time catching up and playing together.  Jodi and I are blessed to have such wonderful kids!

They both got some really nice gifts.  I was excited that Sarah wanted a bow and arrow set for the holidays.  I ordered a compound bow for her which included a few arrows.   I was surprised at the quality of the bow for the reasonable amount I paid for it.  Sarah did very well right out of the box.  After a few sessions, she was hitting the target with every arrow.  In fact, it is so cool, I was thinking about getting an adult sized bow myself!  I hope she sticks with it.  It was a lot of fun shooting with her.

What really surprised me was the fact that I didn't get sick while I was home.  Seems like a pretty bad flu season.  Chase and Jodi both had a touch of something which I was sure I was going to get.  Reminds me of the Christmas when we were all really sick on Christmas day a few years ago.

So, I am back to work.  It didn't take long to get caught up because nothing really happened while I was gone.  The pace of activity slows to a crawl as most military types around the world take a lot of time off at the end of the year...well deserved time off.

I am off to Cairo again next week.  Didn't think I would have to make this trip but there is no one else to cover it.  I have already seen the pyramids so I will have to see what else Egypt has to offer

Until then,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment