Sunday, July 5, 2009

Accidently Deleted 4th of July Part 1











Sorry Folks,

I am really pissed at myself because I accidently deleted part 1 of my post. I will not have time to recreate it and it cannot be recovered.

Thankfully most of it was city history stuff. Pls wikipedia it and read the first couple of screens. The city has been around in some way, shape or form for over 2000 years.

The main draw to the city is the Cathedral. It was much better then the one in Ulm.

Also went to St. Thomas Church and saw a pipe organ Mozart played. Pretty cool. Saw the sarcopogus of the first bishop of Strasbourg. He died 1200 years ago.

Also took a boat tour around the city which was a different perspective then on foot.
Ok, with that and the pics on flickr.com, you will get a good idea of the first half of the day. Part 2 is already posted.

I thought the pic of the bike was funny. I have determined that this is the bike equivalent of having your car "keyed". It reminded me of the Carrie Underwood song titled "Before He Cheats". It is about a girl whose boyfriend is cheating on her so she goes up to his nice 4 wheel drive pick-up truck and keys the paint, slashes the tires, smashes the headlights, and shreds the seats.

I can imagine that the same thing happend to some French woman and this was the end result of her boyfriends bike. Remember ladies, he is not worth it. Leave his bike alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment