Saturday, September 8, 2012

BETRAYED!

Hello everyone,

I just found out the the top level decision maker here did not accept the recommendation of our Personnel Officer (who studied the Marine Corps Order on emergency leave) or my boss , as well as the attending surgeon, and decided to not approve my emergency leave.

I can't even begin to tell you how angry I am.  My wife is having surgery to remove a tumor from her neck which may or may not be cancerous and this does not constitute an emergency?  I'll bet things would be different if it were his wife.

Did he speak with me personally?  No.  Did he speak with the command's surgeon?  I don't know but I am confident that he did not.

This is now a family problem and there will be a family solution.  This family does not include the Marine Corps.  We don't need their help nor do we want it.

Turns out that "leave no man behind" and "we take care of our own" are nothing more than catchy phrases that we put on posters.

Additionally, all this talk about "how important" families are and "we couldn't do what we do if it were not the family members back home" are nothing more then talking points for Generals briefing congress.

If anyone at work has the gall to ask me how my wife is doing I think I will probably explode.  They have not earned the right to know anything about my wife and they are asking because they think that have to...not because they really care.

I have spent a fair amount of time around men and women from other branches of the service and I think the Army and Air Force do a better job of taking care of their people.

I am very lucky that we have family and friends who are willing to support us during this difficult time.  Thank you to you all.

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment