Saturday, September 1, 2012

For a second week in a row...

I'm drawing a blank.

Hello Everyone,

You know, I sat down last week to blog and after about 5-8 minutes, I determined that I just didn't have anything to say.

And...for a second week in a row, still don't.

I actually had more materiel to work with in Djibouti and lots more in Germany.

Life is very predictable and boring here.  Every day is pretty much like the last.

We did get some Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical (NBC) sustainment training last week which was the only thing even remotely noteworthy.  Training was pretty basic stuff but not a bad idea to get a refresher every now and again.

The continued civil way in Syria along with the vast stockpiles of chemical weapons there has the entire region on edge.  Refugees are spilling over the boarder into Jordan and Israelites are being issued chemical protective masks (gas masks).  This is all unclassified, open source information in case you think I am divulging some secret information, by the way.

I have decided to carry my mask with me to and from work so I always have it available.  I will also keep protective outer garments here and at the office.  If I see any explosions and then some odd colored smoke, I don't want to have to drive to work to get my gear.  I don't think I could hold my breath that long anyways, lol.  I think we are suppose to be doing some drills are work.  Should be interesting trying to use a computer key board wearing gloves designed to clean up chemical spills.

After the first week of September, I will be on the road the entire month.  The change of scenery will be welcome.  I think I will even have an extra day in Germany and plan on spending it in Munich.

That's about it from this tiny island off the coast of the Saudi Arabian peninsula.

Cheers,
Michael


No comments:

Post a Comment