Saturday, October 13, 2012

Hi Ho, Hi Ho....

It's off to Cairo I go.

Hello everyone,

Jodi update:  Jodi continues to a little better everyday.  She tends to over do it at times which the doctor warned against.  She hasn't had any addition complications since her first week when so fluid was accumulating in the area that the tumor occupied.  So, per my post last week, she is out of the woods for the time being.

As for me, pretty busy week at work.  We have a lot of activity planned for the upcoming 6-12 months which means lots of planning going on now.  Things have quieted down a lot in the region so there was no need to cancel my trip to Cairo.

Don't know how much time I will have for sight seeing but the pyramids are less then 30 minutes from the hotel.  It would be a shame to go to Egypt and not see them as I don't fore see vacationing there, much to the dismay of their tourism board.

Speaking of tourism, I was telling Jodi that there are so many great things to see in the US, we should spend our money keeping OUR countries tourism industry move forward.  Jodi wants to see the QE II in Long Beach, CA, and I would like to see Laguna Seca Raceway in norther CA.  Maybe during a race weekend, what do you say, Honey?  Laguna Seca in the vicinity of San Fran where I would also like to spend a weekend.

Of course, one of our first trips will be a long over due journey to see Jodi's grandmother in KY.   Think we probably owe the kids some sort of fun trip what with as much as I have been gone.  This would hardly be "compensation" but it is always nice to take them someplace where they can enjoy the benefits of just being a kid.

That is about all there is to report from here.  By the time I get back from Egypt, I will be at my 6 month mark of my assignment.

Happy birthday to all the US Navy sailors and former sailors out there!  The USN was founded a month before the USMC and this is their birthday weekend (13 Oct).  So, a thanks goes out to my Uncle Tim who served in the USN as a young man, to my Dad who was in the USN Reserves and to my sister Michele who served on active duty.

Until I see you...
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment