Saturday, June 30, 2012

Crystal Clear

Hello All,

My clear as mud situation is now crystal clear.  I am not going to Abu Dhabi (UAE).

I was told a couple of days ago that I am not going to UAE and will continue my work in Bahrain. The command that was responsible to fill the personnel requirement has come up with a name so my trip is off.

The worst part is getting whipsawed back and forth.  I was packing and getting ready to ship stuff to myself so now I have to undo all of that.  I was looking forward to going but staying here is not the end of the world.  Diving was going to be better there which I was looking forward to.

Just as well, I suppose.  I recently bought a package of individually wrapped slices of American cheese.  If I had to leave, that would have all gone to waste.

There are worse places to be for sure like Afghanistan or Djibouti, so I can't complain.

I can tolerate all of this because I know this is often how things work in this business.  I also say, "believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see".

I will have some time off here next week for the 4th of July holiday.  Not sure what I am going to do but will probably play around with Facebook, which I just signed up for.  Maybe it will help their stock price, lol.

A short post this week but, like Djibouti, not much changes here on a week to week basis.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer.  I would say it is getting hot here, which it is, but I see it is pretty hot back in the states too.

Cheers,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment