Wednesday, November 21, 2012

It's official

x2.

Hello everyone,

Well it's official, x2.

First, Bahrain is the least interesting place I have every spent a significant amount of time in.  The diving sucks and there is really nothing to see.  I struggle to fill the two days a week I have off.  I tend to batten down the hatches Wed-Sun and not venture out much.  If I HAVE to, I will get out on Fri or Sat morning.

The problem with Wed-Sun is that we tend to get a lot of visitors from an adjacent country who treat where I live like a play ground.  The people in question are arrogant with a "me first" attitude.  Muslims from other place then where these people are from say the same thing; that they have a sense of entitlement and that they are better then Arabs from other countries.  It will be tough to grind out another 5 mos here.  I would never come back to the Middle East and don't like it here at all.  I'll just stick to my routine which mostly includes work and a simple after hours life style.

The second thing that is official is that the box of "Cohiba" cigars I bought a couple of months ago are counterfeits.  I had some reservations when I first saw them but a little research tells me that this box of cigars fails on all 15 indicators of authentic Cuban cigars.  Lesson learned (again!), if it seems to good to be true in IS to good to be true.

Well, at least I know that the Cubans I bought in Egypt are the real deal.

Thanksgiving is coming up.  I have an awful lot to be thankful for but will probably spend a quite day by myself in my flat.  I will be thinking of you all!

Cheers,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment