Sunday, November 4, 2012

So, what's new in Bahrain?

Hell all,

In short, nothing.  So, if you are pressed for time you can stop reading now, LOL!

This was my first week back after my travels to Egypt, so catching up was the main effort for me at work.

It is hard to believe it is Nov already and I have passed the halfway point of my time here.  I can certainly understand why people take the 2 weeks of R&R around their mid-tour window.  I was lucky to be home in Sept but ready for a break.  Well, 7 more weeks or so and I will be home for Christmas.  After that, only 4 months left.

Historically, we are approaching period when things slow down for the those in the military.  We have 2 long weekends in Nov and the Marine Corps Birthday Ball.  Once Thanksgiving is over, everyone has the end of the year holidays in sight.  With so many people taking time off for Chirstmas, it is hard to get much done for those who are in the office during that time.

I don't have any travel planned for Nov but will be in the United Arab Emirates the second week of Dec just before I travel back to the states.  I've never been to the UAE so it will be a new stamp in my passport.

January is also shaping up to be busy with a couple of weeks of travel.  I will head back to Egypt and maybe back to UAE.

After years of my friends pestering me to get a Facebook acct, I created one around the time I left for Bahrain.  I must say, it IS a great way to stay in touch with everyone and have even reconnected with some people I have not heard from in over 25 years.  Thankfully, I don't have any friends who feel compelled to share with everyone that they had an Eskimo Pie for desert or something ridiculous like that.  


Well, like I said...not much to report from here so I suppose I will close before it gets down to me telling you what I had for desert yesterday.

Cheers,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment